Minutes of Called Meeting
August 26, 2021
Meeting held remotely
A special meeting was called on August 26, 2021, at 3:00 PM under Article 4.3.3 of the by-laws of the Western Washington Chapter of the ICC. We had 2 current officers present, Vice President Dana Herron, and Secretary Rob Horton. Members Steve Hart and Sam Steele who called the meeting were also present. The following agenda items were discussed:
1. Our Chapter President, Marc Schoenberg unexpectedly died on August 19, 2021. We will have an announcement of an upcoming service once it becomes known. We will send it out on our mailing list, WABO and through Region 2 of ICC websites.
2. There is a display trailer that the City of Seatac developed years ago called “Good wall/Bad wall,” that Marc had inherited some how and we need to find a home for it. If you or your jurisdiction are interested in sponsoring a home for it until we find a permanent location, please let Sam Steele or Steve Hart know.
3. We are postponing the September meeting for now and are asking for nominations for all seats in the Chapter. Those in unexpired terms can chose to remain in the positions if they so choose. Sam Steele will be the chair of the nomination committee with Dana Herron and Steve Hart as committee members. Please submit a letter of interest to Sam at Samuel.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 1, 2021. Those who express interest shall have their names placed on a ballot to be distributed to the Chapter membership prior to the next meeting.
4. The next called meeting will be held on October 14, 2021, virtually with further details to follow with a meeting link. Election of officers will follow the nomination process, installation will be immediately afterwards.
5. Our meeting was adjourned at 3:35 with a message to all members of Chapter. Remain vigilant to the seriousness of the pandemic that we are all living through, stay healthy and mask up for all of us to get back to business once and for all.
Files coming soon.
The mission of the Western Washington Chapter of the International Code Council (WWC of ICC) is to provide a forum for members to exchange ideas and information, promote code education for professional growth, and to encourage uniformity in code enforcement.
The following is the job description of the position as described in the Chapter By-Laws.
The President shall be an ex-officio voting member of all committees. The President shall preside at all meetings of Members and Directors, have general supervision of the affairs of the Corporation, and perform all duties incident to the office or properly required of the President by the Board.
The President or his/her designee shall represent the Corporation at the Annual Code Development Meeting of the ICC each year or alternatively, when approved by the membership, at a major code development meeting of the International Code Council (I.C.C.). Subject to availability of funds, and when approved by a vote of the Members, the Corporation shall endeavor to financially assist the President in this responsibility.
Executive Vice President.
During the absence or disability of the President, the Executive Vice President shall exercise all the functions of the President. The Executive Vice President shall have such power and discharge such duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Board.
The Executive Vice President shall oversee the membership committee.
During the absence or disability of the President and the Executive Vice President, the Vice-President shall exercise all the functions of the President. The Vice-President shall have such powers and discharge such duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Board.
The Vice president shall coordinate the meeting location and programs for all regularly scheduled meetings.
The Secretary shall issue notices for all meetings called by the Board, the President, or the Secretary.
The Secretary shall keep minutes of all meetings, have charge of the corporate seal and corporate books, and make such reports and perform such other duties as are incident to such office or are properly required of the Secretary by the Board.
The Treasurer shall have the custody of all moneys and securities of the Corporation and keep regular books of account.
The Treasurer shall receive membership dues and maintain the records of membership standings.
The Treasurer shall disburse the funds of the Corporation in payment of the just demands against the Corporation or as may be ordered by the Board, taking proper vouchers for such disbursements. He/she shall render to the Board from time to time accounts of all transactions as Treasurer and of the financial condition of the Corporation.
The Treasurer shall perform all duties incident to the office or that are properly required of the Treasurer by the Board.
The Past Presidents.
During the absence or disability of the President, Executive Vice President and the Vice-President the first Past President shall exercise all the functions of the President. The Past President shall have such powers and discharge such duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Board.
COMMITTEES: (2 year terms)
Sign up to hear from us.